If you are an avid fan of working out and going to the gym, or if you are someone who is wanting to lose some weight, then you would definitely need a lot of protein in your diet. As a matter of fact, protein is an essential nutrient for everybody as it contains amino acids that out body requires. More so with people who lead an active lifestyle such as athletes, body builders, sports aficionados and the like. Protein can be found in food such as dairy, fish, meat, and eggs.
However, there would be times that we may not be able to get to prepare our meals due to our hectic and busy schedule at work, in school and other activities we are involved in.
Thankfully, with the help of nutritional supplements and healthy energy drink such as protein powders, we can get the protein we need conveniently that can be prepared in an instant. Some protein powders can simply be mixed with water or milk and some can be mixed with our food like in our pancakes and cereals.
There is a huge selection of protein powders available in the market today. Some of these are made out of whey, eggs, peas, brown rice, and casein.
It may get a little difficult to decide on which one to purchase especially for those who are just new to protein powders. If you are looking for an overall source of protein and fiber then you may want to consider buying BSN SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder.
BSN SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder is made by the company BSN or Bio-Engineered Supplements and Nutrition, Inc. which has been around for more than a decade. It has created products that are specifically geared towards sports nutrition.
The company has received over 40 awards and are recognized by famous athletes and fans. To know more about the product, below is its list of features:
- 100% protein isolate
- Chocolate milkshake flavor
- Its main ingredients are whey protein, egg albumen, micellar casein, and calcium caseinate
- Contains 5 grams of fiber, 22 grams of protein, and 10 grams of amino acids per serving
- Supports muscle protein synthesis and muscle growth
- Best used as a post-workout recovery shake or can be enjoyed anytime of the day
This protein powder comes with a lot of advantages. Here is the list of all the great things you can experience when you purchase the BSN SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder:
- It is one of the best tasting protein powder available in the market
- It is so delicious that it doesn’t taste like a protein shake at all
- This protein powder mixes well with water or milk
- It is a great value for money product
- Comes in other delicious flavors like Cookies N Cream, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Vanilla Ice Cream, Chocolate Cake Batter, and more
- It can help you lose weight
- It is filling
- Can be used by both men and women
- Does not contain caffeine
- It has a long shelf life
As most products, this one has some downsides too. Here are a few issues that you should be aware of before purchasing:
- Its carbs and calories are higher than some in the market that has the same price
- It is not that easy to dissolve and may leave tiny bits of pellets at the bottom of your shaker
- Like with any other powder, it is hard to mix with cold water or milk
- The scoop is twice as big as the standard ones
- The scoop is buried at the bottom of the container so it is a bit hard to get
- Because of its slightly higher carb content, this product may leave you feel bloated
There is no denying that the variety for protein powder is huge. If you think that the BSN SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder is not the best fit for you, then you may want to look at some alternatives.
If you are vegan or lactose intolerant, you may want to try NOW Foods Soy Protein instead. Since it is plant based, it does not contain dairy and it is hypoallergenic. However, it is not as good tasting as the SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder and does not mix that well.
Another great choice is the Naturo Nitro Creatine Chrome with Magnapower™. It is great for muscle gain, helps fight fatigue, and speeds up muscle recovery. This product is also great as it will not make you feel bloated.
Like SYNTHA-6, one of its main ingredient is whey protein which is a great source of amino acids. Lastly is the Scivation, Xtend BCAAs. This protein powder has great fruit flavors such as strawberry kiwi, fruit punch, blue raspberry, and pink lemonade.
It does not have any sweeteners and it has zero calories and carbohydrate-free. You can drink it any time of the day. It has a reasonable price and is suitable for people of all ages.
There are still a lot of alternatives you can select from if you feel like the products mentioned are not what you desire. Just make sure to know what you want and do extensive research.
Times have changed a lot from decades ago when fast foods are unheard of. We now see more people who are obese and getting sick of diabetes, hypertension, various cancers, heart, kidney and other life threatening diseases that we can all trace to poor nutrition and lack of physical activities.
It is therefore comforting and heartwarming to know that because of this growing awareness, more and more people are now beginning to be more conscious of their health and would love to involve themselves in sports activities.
It is equally great that we now can have a nutritional supplement such as the BSN SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder, Whey Protein, Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Isolate, and Chocolate Milkshake that we can take daily, especially before doing strenuous activity such as sports or simply doing gym routine conveniently by simply adding to water, milk or cereal.
Why don’t you give it a try? It will not disappoint and will give the much needed energy boost your body needs.