As individuals, we do everything possible to be healthy and to maintain our health. We eat meals that we know are beneficial for our body. We go to gyms and hit the road for a good run. Despite all these vigorous activities that we do, we still cannot get all of the essential nutrients that our body needs. Whey protein powders have been found to be an effective supplement because they give our body some of healthy amino acids that are vital for physical advancement. Talking about whey protein powder, Jarrow Formulas Whey Protein is a great product to try.
Jarrow Formulas Whey Protein Unflavored
If you are looking for a cheap whey protein powder, then Jarrow Formulas Whey Protein is for you. Though the price is low, the quality is not. This product will totally do well for those who are new to protein powder.
A scoop of Jarrow Formulas Whey Protein (equivalent to approximately 23 grams), serves 18 grams of protein, 94 calories, 2g of fat, and 2g of carbs. Each serving also provides 4g of BCAAs (Isoleucine, Leucine, and Valine; important for reducing stress in the muscles).
Jarrow Formulas Whey Protein does not have any artificial flavorings or artificial sweeteners such as stevia. It is unflavored, so taking it plainly with water is unlikely to be pleasant . This product is best with your favorite smoothie.
You can also be creative by adding the product to your favorite baking recipes or fruit shakes. Another extra about this product is it does not make any frills or any offensive aftertastes.
The product is also gluten-free and additives-free. The whey protein is rBST-free, which means the cows from which the milk was sourced were not injected with growth hormones. This whey protein has soy lecithin that acts as an emulsifier which can upset the stomach for people with intolerance to soy.
Jarrow Formulas Whey Protein is available in 3 variants: Chocolate, Vanilla, and Unflavored. You can also buy it in different sizes, each with their prices.
- Each serving contains 4 grams of BCAAs and 18 grams of protein
- Non-invasive taste that is perfect to be added to smoothies or any beverages of your choice
- The product does not contain egg, fish, shellfish, or nuts.
- Gluten-free and rBST-free product.
- It does not have any artificial flavors or sweeteners
- It mixes very well with just few stir
- Cost-efficient and inexpensive whey protein product
- The formula creates a grainy texture when blended
- The soy lecithin can cause stomach adverse for people with poor soy tolerance
- Every scoop gives 50mg of cholesterol. Two scoops will probably give you 100mg of cholesterol, much cholesterol level than two pieces of bacon
- Bland taste if mixed with water. Mixing it with milk is better.
- The soy and milk content may not be favorable for Vegan or Vegetarians.
- The ingredients of this product are not organic.
- The product uses Fructose as a natural sweetener. People with sensitive taste buds may find that as a concern. However, ingesting the powder with tasty smoothie can solve the problem.
Jarrow Formulas Whey Protein is a great budget-friendly whey protein product. It is recommended for people who want to try protein powder for the first time. The product is good for weight management (for reinforcing muscles and gaining mass; it is not recommended for weight reduction).
People with restricted diets can benefit from this product as well. However, it is recommended that you get expert advice before taking any protein powders.
Protein supplement drinkers often find it challenging to gulp the bland taste of protein powder. Even after mixing the protein powder with their favorite drink, they still can taste the bitterness of it, but not with Jarrow Formulas Whey Protein. The versatile flavor of this Whey Protein can mingle well with your favorite beverage.
BPI Sports WHEY-HD is a good alternative to Jarrow Formulas Whey Protein. Available in 11 delicious flavors, you will enjoy drinking whey protein powder. It serves 25 grams of protein in every scoop.
It is easy to mix and easy to digest. BPI Sports WHEY-HD is a great meal replacement that can support you with your heavy workouts or weight loss program. Every serving provides 5.5 grams of BCAA. The only drawback this product has is having 100mg of cholesterol in every serving.
For an additional option check out our EAS protein review.
It is nice to know that you can find an affordable protein powder with uncompromised healthful qualities. Students, athletes, bodybuilders, or even people with strict diets can benefit from Jarrow Formulas Whey Protein. It is not the best whey protein powder, but it does provide a satisfying amount of protein.